It’s no news that we are in a world full of unending distraction. It takes an Enlightened Heart to hear and see right amidst the noise and distractions.
Let’s take a look at Isa 42:19-20:
Who is blind but My servant, or deaf as My messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is perfect, And blind as the Lord’s servant? Seeing many things, but you do not observe; opening the ears, but he does not hear.
This tells us that the presence of your eyes does not automatically qualify you for sight, the presence of your ears does not automatically qualify you for hearing.
Many have eyes, but do not see. Many have ears but do not ear. Only an enlightened heart sees and ears.
What then is an Enlightened Heart?
An Enlightened Heart is a very clear, well informed, very aware, and purpose-driven mind.
When your heart is enlightened, you understand your purpose. When your heart is enlightened, you have a crystal-clear sense of direction. When your heart is enlightened, you have the knowledge of the power and grace you carry as a child of God.
One of the most important benefits of a heart enlightened by the Holy spirit is that your mind will be filled with the knowledge of God and very much aware of the tricks of the devil; hence, balanced knowledge.
Jesus’s heart was enlightened and that was why He was able to immediately identify the games of the Devil.
In Matt 4:3
Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.
The devil in his crafty way won’t come in the popular monster figure a lot of people imagine him to look like. He will come in the nicest and most appealing way possible, but his agenda is always to steal, to kill and to destroy!
When your heart is enlightened, it becomes flooded with the light of God and heightens your discernment to be more aware about the tricks of the devil.
The following are some of the traits of an Enlightened Heart:
- An enlightened heart is filled with wisdom and revelation: Prov 4:7 says “Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom. In all thy getting get understanding.” Your heart can’t be enlightened and lack wisdom. Wisdom is a necessary tool to live and navigate the path of life.
- An enlightened heart is filled with the knowledge of God: The knowledge of God helps you to know that God is too faithful to fail you, that He is too loving to forsake. Only an enlightened heart knows this irrespective of the current challenges.
- An enlightened heart is filled with unfailing hope: The enlightened heart remains strong in hope. It knows that the light affliction it’s facing is but for a moment and it works for them a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory (2 Cor 4:17).
- An enlightened heart is filled with faith: “Now faith is the substance of things hope for, the evidence of things not seen” (Heb 11:1). An enlightened heart trusts God even when it doesn’t make sense, even when it doesn’t look like God is responding.
How To Develop An Enlightened Heart:
The pressure and demands of life has made it easy for a lot of people to get easily distracted. These are practical steps to develop an enlightened heart.
- Incline your heart to God’s word: To incline your heart is to totally follow the pattern of God’s word. Psa 119:12 says: “- I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes forever, to the very end.” When you incline your heart to God’s word, you see yourself manifesting it.
- Fix your thoughts: Be very careful what you allow to stay in your mind. Phil 4:8(NLT) ” And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and of good report. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.” This verse shows us the standard of God’s word on what to fix our thoughts on.
Benefits of an Enlightened Heart:
When your heart is enlightened, you have the knowledge of the riches of your glorious inheritance in God, and His incomparable power. These two are important to keep you focus on God in this heavily distracted world.
Say this short prayer: Lord Jesus thank you for loving me unconditionally. I pray that you flood my heart with light. Help me to increase in your knowledge in Jesus name, Amen.