Jesus told this parable in Luke 11:5-10 to make an illustration about perseverance
- Parables are heavenly principles presented in earthly stories
- They provide wisdom on how to navigate life challenge. As you know, delays, denials, trials, temptation, frustrations are all part of life
- Perseverance is act of being committed to a course until a desired outcome is achieved
- Perseverance is a key differentiator between success and failure
- Many people had abandoned their dreams and vision just because they can not persevere to see it come through
- One of the reason people give up on prayers is because they lack perseverance
- Perseverance is a command by God and not a choice, according to Rev. 3:10 “Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world”
- Many people are quick to give up on God just because they cannot persevere
- It is not enough to pray; it is important to pray through until you see something happens
Life Truth about perseverance:
- Those who persevere always realise their desired outcome
- If you have tried 10 times and it did not work out 10 times; you have not failed, you have only learned how not to do it 10 times.
- The fact that you could experience delay means the outcome will be big:
- God does not prepare greatness in microwave. He does it mostly through slow cook
How can you persevere?
- Pray hard – Pray until your joy is full (Jon. 16:24)
- Work hard – Spread your net everywhere. Cast your bread upon many waters for after many days you will find it again (Ecc. 11:1)
- Ignore the crowd
- The crowd is there to discourage and distract you. Focus on your goal
- Ignore those who have gone ahead (you don’t know their story in full)
- Focus on God and stay on course
- Gen 26: 15- 22 [Isaac did not give up to the Philistines’ several invasions, he continued to advance until they let go of him]
- Mark 10:46-52 [Blind Bartimaeus did not surrender to the people’s resistance, he shouted louder until Jesus heard hi cry]
Perseverance does not make you to surrender to opposition but makes you to advance in the face of opposition
- Draw from your inner mind 2 Cor. 4: 16 says “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day”
- See that situation through your inner mind and envision your desired outcome. Don’t exaggerate the situation. Don’t exaggerate the challenge. God calls it light affliction (that delay, that disappointment are light affliction before God) – 2 Cor. 4:17
- You cannot overcome the crowd if you have not conquered your inner mind
- Change your perspective (assessment)
- Stop looking for signs
- Stop giving God deadlines
- Stop defining the process for God, let Him have His way
- In 6: 1-17 (the fall of Jericho)
- You will think the way God would motivate the people to keep matching is to let a brick fall from the wall, but not A brick fell out of the wall, yet the God kept His word
Luk. 18:1-5 tells us the parable of the persistent widow. She persevered and stayed on the goal (to get justice) because she was convinced that she deserved it. The reason you give up so soon may be because you were not persuaded that miracle belongs to you in the first place.
Like!! Great article post.Really thank you! Really Cool.
After checking out a few of the blog articles on your web page, I really appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I book-marked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back in the near future. Take a look at my web site too and tell me your opinion.| Hyacinthie Raddy Genovera
I view something really interesting about your web site so I saved to favorites . Constance Xavier Wilkens
Excellent way of telling, aand nice article to obtain information concerning my presentation subject matter, hich i aam going to present in school. Cary Sigvard Omero
I am here now and would just like to
say thank you for an incredible post and a
all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to
read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more,
Please do keep up the awesome work.
I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be precisely
what I’m looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content available for
you? I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating
on a number of the subjects you write in relation to here.
Again, awesome site!
Thank you Derek for your kind words, God bless you!
We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
Your site provided us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our entire community
will be grateful to you.
Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but
after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new
to me. Anyways, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!
I must thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website.
I really hope to view the same high-grade content from
you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has
inspired me to get my very own site now 😉
My brother recommended I would possibly like this web site.
He used to be entirely right. This post actually made my day.
You can not believe simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!
If you are going for best contents like myself, only visit this web site every day
since it provides feature contents, thanks