Let’s take a look at scriptures.
2 Chronicles 26:3-5:
“3. Uzziah was sixteen years old when he became king, and he reigned fifty-two years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Jecholiah of Jerusalem.
4. And he did what was right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his father Amaziah had done.
5. He sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God; and as long as he sought the Lord, God made him prosper.”
This explains the story of a powerful and successful king, King Uzziah. During his reign, Judah became very prosperous.
Although, he ended tragically as a result of pride. The focus of the message is about the good side of him and what made him prominent as a king in Judah. So let us learn from Uzziah on what made him Prominence;
The Pathways to Prominence:
1. SEEK GOD: When you seek God, it gives you the opportunity to be led by God through the Holy Spirit. Being God led is not a life choice, it is a matter of necessity because that is how it was designed from the beginning.
There is a level of success, visibility and prominence that is exclusively reserved for people who are led by God. God’s leading through the power of the Holy Spirit will inevitably produce uncommon wisdom in you. Uzziah sought God in the days of Zechariah – 2 Chr 26:5
2. OBEY GOD: In 2 Chr 26:4 “And he (Uzziah) did what was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Amaziah had done.”
You obey God by doing what is right in God’s perspective, not just only in your perspective. Obedience is one of the main keys to prominence, and it is an important aspect to helping us unlock the blessings of God for our lives.
3. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT: One important war you need to declare is the war against complacency. You fight complacency by continuously seeking knowledge.
Anyone that must become prominent must be ready to act, and with speed too. Grow in Knowledge and pursue excellence. The first thing you need to do is to fight the comfort zone mentality. Your comfort zone is an enemy of your future, and it could be a hindrance to your success.
One beautiful thing about knowledge is that it empowers your mind and enlarges your capacity to receive divine instructions.
Moses was able to come into prominence because he was taught in art and science of Egypt, and the bible says he was powerful in speech and action (Acts 7:22). That was the foundation of capacity building for him. Though he was a stammerer, what stood out for him? His Content, through the demonstration of wisdom, not eloquence.
4. STAY HUMBLE: Pride was the single reason why Uzziah lost his prominence.
“But when he was strong his heart was lifted up, to his destruction, for he transgressed against the LORD his God by entering the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense.” 2 Chr 26:16
In all of the biblical references, one thing that resulted in the fall of many great people was traceable to pride. Pride is a killer and a thief of prominence.
There is humility to God and to people. Humility to God is demonstrated in consistent prayer, praises, and intentional worship.
5. BUILD TOWERS AND FORTIFY THEM: In ancient times, a strong tower was a central place where people could run to when facing danger and then find safety and protection.
In modern times, towers represent an image of wealth, success, strength, and power.
How can you build towers? Invest in people and nurture relationships. Engage in good works. Think of what you can do for others.
Prayer: Lord help me to live in accordance to your will for my life and help me up to prominence in Jesus name.